Tuesday, February 25, 2014

In love with the city



 Like billions of people around, when I was relocating in the new city, I had packed few hidden dreams inside me along with my stuffs. And one of the wildest amongst them is to become a writer. Although in this rapid world, it was not a difficult task for me to start. But, procrastination and excuses became its biggest enemy. However, unexpectedly, one fine day, I just picked up an one side printed A4 sheet and there it goes.The first thing which came into my mind was my irresistible love towards the city I lived. A very unique city in the valley. What is to be written about this city which no-one else had written..?





        Within a short span of time only, I developed an in-defying love for this place and incredibly feel like home. If given a thought, I was wondering what could be the possible reason for this? What is that particular reason that had made this city so unique to me? Is 'happiness' is the reason behind or is it the dream apartment I lived in or else 'the freedom' or 'the independence'?



Well, whatever the reason is, it's worth everything.  The city is so joyful and fun loving. At the same time, people living here are so honest and kind. I remembered my initial days, when a kind man came running after me to hand over my phone, which was left at my seat. I also noticed the open money exchange counter where dollars & dinars are left opened & not attended, seems like the owner has gone for a tea break. I also remembered the taxi driver, who wait with us just to help us ease the language barrier dealing with an govt. official. Another one was in a public spot where I opened a garbage bag to trash the disposals & found out that the bag was messily packed with Dinars & dollars, which was left far from the stall, just like a garbage bag, Very shocking & Interesting for me.

            No doubt to admit that these kind of gestures are hard to find in my place. The place is very rich in nature too. U can see greenery here and there with lots of fresh fruits yield in almost every garden of the house & when u step out for a walk at a park nearby, u can notice all the fresh flowers (tulips, roses etc.). Out of  all, you can enjoy all kinds of weather here, starting from snow to the hot summer sun. And one more good news for all the liquors’ lover, who had suffered in middle east, the city is packed with lots & lots of open liquors’ stalls, where you can buy as many as your heart desires; unlike just limited to 2 liters from duty free while entering the city.

           This may not sound so new and exciting for that lucky city dwellers, who already are enjoying all the above mentioned points. However, these things sound very blessed and grateful for someone who have always been in a city with no nature around and tolerating a heated 40 degree plus temperature all year round. And I am sure people who have experience this experience would definitely connect well, what all these blessings mean. These are just a few to state, but for sure the city has proven millions of people a wonderful experience. Unlike the other cities I have experienced, my connectivity to this awesome flavorful city has been so uniquely identified & I am truly in love with it.

                             

                              May the gracious Blessings of God be showered upon you!!!!

2 comments:

  1. A positive instinct makes everyplace wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much for confirming.....yes positivity is the best solution in every aspect of life!!!!

    ReplyDelete